Saturday 27 November 2010

#1 HMS Victory - 29th March 2010

HMS Victory is started, partworks magazine over 2 years.

May as well start my diary even thought I probably wont start the main hull untill all the parts are available.
My list of things to do before: (notes to myself)

29th March 2010
1- Construct 12 Pounder. (attempt to add more detail/remake)
2- Clean anchor and construct as per Longridge's plans, paint black.
3- Prepare building jig for hull.

30th March 2010
Just bought the paints from Shipwright Shop @ £25, plus 3 different types of Cyanoacrylate (super glue), thin, medium and thick, total so far £38
Then onto Cornwall model boats, Aliphatic Rapid Glue Giant 500ml @£7.60, some riggin tools (which is needed first for the Bounty) cost there is £11 for both, and final Microsnips (Rigging Snips) @ £4, I think I'm in for an ear bashing when they arrive, still I have at least 5 days to come up with an excuse.

With a long 4 days weekend I can finish the shed and start setting up where I left off a few years back, I'll tell ya the Bounty has taken longer to do than her being built, sailed around cape horn, burnt, 2 films being made and many models produced.
My aim is to have her finshed by christmas 2010..mmmmm

No comments: